AllanF

Default My Excel menu bar has dissapeared

The meuu bar (File, Edit, View, etc.) has dissapeared. I have Excel 2003. I
tried reinstalling and have checked the knowledge base and can not find how
to get it to reappear. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Allan Fromm
Green Bay, Wi
Tom Ogilvy

If any toolbars or menubars are visible, right click on a blank area of the
menu bar and select customize.

Then select worksheet menu bar in the first tab and click on it so it is
selected

Close the dialog.

If you are conversent in VBA, go to the Immediate window in the VBE and type

Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = True
then
Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Visible = True

Tom Ogilvy

"AllanF" wrote in message
The meuu bar (File, Edit, View, etc.) has dissapeared. I have Excel 2003.

tried reinstalling and have checked the knowledge base and can not find

how
to get it to reappear. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Allan Fromm
Green Bay, Wi

AllanF

Thanks Tom. The problem is that the space for the Menu Bar is there but there
is no text in the space. I have tried repairing/reinstalling Office 2003
twice. There is some info in Microsoft Knowledge base about this happening
with Word. I do virus scans every night so evidently not a virus. I have
been using an Excel Macro that changes the menu bar - i removed that and will
now reinstall Excel again.

Allan Fromm

"AllanF" wrote in message
The meuu bar (File, Edit, View, etc.) has dissapeared. I have Excel 2003.

tried reinstalling and have checked the knowledge base and can not find

how
to get it to reappear. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Allan Fromm
Green Bay, Wi

AllanF

OK it now works - thank you Tom for pointing the way. I right clicked the
area where the Menu Bar is, then: Customize Built in Menus and dragged
File, Edit, View, etc. back on to the Menu Bar. I am not sure why this
happened but undoubtedly had something to do with using multiple Excel Marco
programs at the same time, each of which replaces the Default Menu Bar with a
Custom Menu Bar.

Allan Fromm

"AllanF" wrote in message
The meuu bar (File, Edit, View, etc.) has dissapeared. I have Excel 2003.

tried reinstalling and have checked the knowledge base and can not find

how
to get it to reappear. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Allan Fromm
Green Bay, Wi

Dave Peterson

If you find that they disappear again (or that you missed some), you may want to
just reset that worksheet menu bar.

Tools|customize|toolbars tab
select worksheet Menu bar
click the reset button

--

Dave Peterson

Robert

Same happened to me...
get into toolbars, customise.
Ensure Worksheet Menu Bar is checked, and hit the reset also.

Should be All Good.

Robert, Bris. Aust.

"AllanF" wrote:

The meuu bar (File, Edit, View, etc.) has dissapeared. I have Excel 2003. I
tried reinstalling and have checked the knowledge base and can not find how
to get it to reappear. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Allan Fromm
Green Bay, Wi

David McRitchie

Hi Robert,
If you have not exited Excel since it first happened then don't exit.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#emergency

Otherwise, check out the rest of the page.
---
HTH,

"AllanF" wrote:

The meuu bar (File, Edit, View, etc.) has dissapeared. I have Excel 2003. I
tried reinstalling and have checked the knowledge base and can not find how
to get it to reappear. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Allan Fromm
Green Bay, Wi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I too face the same problem. But none of above suggestions solve it. Later
found out on the internet, that the problem is because of MSVDM (Microsoft
Virtual Desktop Manager) for which Microsoft does NOT offer support. So I
guess it's better to uninstall this annoying thing.