AllanF

OK it now works - thank you Tom for pointing the way. I right clicked the
area where the Menu Bar is, then: Customize Built in Menus and dragged
File, Edit, View, etc. back on to the Menu Bar. I am not sure why this
happened but undoubtedly had something to do with using multiple Excel Marco
programs at the same time, each of which replaces the Default Menu Bar with a
Custom Menu Bar.

Allan Fromm

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

If any toolbars or menubars are visible, right click on a blank area of the
menu bar and select customize.

Then select worksheet menu bar in the first tab and click on it so it is
selected

Close the dialog.

If you are conversent in VBA, go to the Immediate window in the VBE and type

Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = True
then
Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Visible = True

Tom Ogilvy

"AllanF" wrote in message
The meuu bar (File, Edit, View, etc.) has dissapeared. I have Excel 2003.

tried reinstalling and have checked the knowledge base and can not find

how
to get it to reappear. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Allan Fromm
Green Bay, Wi