AllanF

Thanks Tom. The problem is that the space for the Menu Bar is there but there
is no text in the space. I have tried repairing/reinstalling Office 2003
twice. There is some info in Microsoft Knowledge base about this happening
with Word. I do virus scans every night so evidently not a virus. I have
been using an Excel Macro that changes the menu bar - i removed that and will
now reinstall Excel again.

Allan Fromm

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

If any toolbars or menubars are visible, right click on a blank area of the
menu bar and select customize.

Then select worksheet menu bar in the first tab and click on it so it is
selected

Close the dialog.

If you are conversent in VBA, go to the Immediate window in the VBE and type

Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = True
then
Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Visible = True

Tom Ogilvy

"AllanF" wrote in message
The meuu bar (File, Edit, View, etc.) has dissapeared. I have Excel 2003.

tried reinstalling and have checked the knowledge base and can not find

how
to get it to reappear. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Allan Fromm
Green Bay, Wi