Sidnoir

Default Linking to folders

Hope someone can help.

I am trying to use excel to create a shortcut to our electronically
stored files. Although I can use hyperlinks to link to specific files,
is it possible to open a folder through a hyperlink or macro?

Files are stored on a network and not on the hard drive in case this
makes a difference.

Thanks

Sid

--
Sidnoir
Sidnoir's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25916

Dave Peterson

I don't have a network drive to test, but I selected A1 and hit
insert|hyperlink.

I typed in:
c:\my documents
And when I clicked on it, it opened windows explorer to that folder

I would think that:
N:\my documents
or
\\share\path
would work the same way.

If you're trying to open a folder to select a *.xls file to open, you may want
to look at application.getopenfilename (for your macro).