Dave Breitenbach

Default conditional forming causing linking errors

Has anyone seen linking errors caused by too many conditional formats?

I have 10 or so tabs and most of them have conditional formatting in
multiple locations. Since I've added the formatting, I've had linking errors
where I would type "=" and then click on another tab so I can click directly
on where I'd like the cell to be linked as opposed to typing the whole path
of the other tab. When I do this ... after hitting enter, the active tab
normally would return to where I was entering the funtion. However it now
stays on the tab where I was trying to link to. In addition, the
location(cell) where I was entering the function did not change, and the
formula I was entering shows up in the other(where I was trying to link to)
tab! And it shows up in the same cell reference of that other tab!

I hope this was able to be followed. Please advise if anyone knows this bug
or if I may have a fix.

tia,
Dave