Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
lee6553

Default Complicated Challenge

I am trying to set up a point violation spreadsheet. On my code sheet I
have in column A, letter codes, then in B is the violation and in C is
the point value and column d is the number of months the violation
stays on record. On my violation sheet, Column a is name, then b is
where I would enter the letter code from code sheet and then column c
is the date of the violation. The b & c columns are repeated in d&e,
f&g.... until column Z where that represents the total of all points.

I want to be able to enter on the violation sheet a code letter in
column b, d, f date of violation in c, e, g and then in column z I want
it to add the points that are assigned from the code sheet.

The other challenge is the points stay on their violation record for
so many months. So for instance if I enter code letter X it looks at
column d on the code sheet and sees it stays on the record for 36
months. So if a violation date entered in column c, e or g it would
need to lose 1/36 of the value from todays date and keep a running
total in column z on the violation sheet.

I'm not sure how or where to begin on this project (functions or
programming) or if it is possible so any help would be greatly
appreciated. I want to thank you in advance for your knowledge and
help.
Thanks
Michelle

--