Firevic

Default Comparison Challenge

Hello everyone:

I need to compare tow data sheets. The first one is aprox 300 cells
long
and have this format:

001254 Driver Side Rear Discharge
204451 AirInlet Lower Step of Cab

and go on.

The second one have numbers, aprox 5000 rows like this

023540
045789
020144 etc.

I need a macro that compare the first sheet to the second one, and when
the same number is found from the first one on the second one
create a third sheet with the common number on the first one plus the
description. It is for exel 2000. Thanks for helping me with this
challenge.

--
Firevic
Firevic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23955

Ron Coderre

Just out of curiosity...
Is there a reason you can't just use VLOOKUP functions on the second
sheet to display the matching descriptions from the first sheet? That
way you could use autofilter to only view matched items?

Ron

--
Ron Coderre
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21419