Frantic Excel-er

Default Format columns if data in Col A

Hi All,

I would like to have my spreadsheet autoformat itself, but I am not sure how
to get it to work.

I have a wkst that has columns A thru N formatted. The spreadsheet is used
as a log, so it continuously grows. The log may need to be updated with one
line a day, or dozens. Problem is that I always have to use the format
painter to copy the format when I add a line. What I want excel to do for
me is that everytime I enter data in the next row, I want the previous rows
format copied.....Also, in columns "I" and "M" I have constants that will
always be the same, and I would like that copied too.

Anyone know how to do this????

Thanks,
Sara
Ian

If you are always adding lines at the end, and the lines are previously
blank, then select columns A-N and format as you need them. This will format
every row in the column.

Ian
---
"Frantic Excel-er" wrote in
message ...
[...]

CyberTaz

Hi Frantic-

If new records are always added at the bottom of the list (and/or sorted
later), just click anywhere in the range of records and try DataForm, then
click New. When you use the Form to add new records it will not only append
the records to the bottom of the list, but will also carry down the
formatting of the previous row _and_ copy down any calculations for the new
records automatically.

As for the constants, just replace the current content of those cells of the
last record with a formula =[reference of cell above]. (Using your example,
if the last record is currently in row 200, replace the content of cell I200
with =I199 & M200 with =M199 before you add any more records.)

HTH |:)