Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculate date so many days before/after current date.

I would like to take a date in A1 and in A2 have a set number of days from
that date. In A3 will be shown the date which is A2 days before/ahead of A1.

Example: A1 = 22-Jan-12, A2 = 5 and A3 will be calculated automatically as
27-Jan-12.

Obviously this is an oversimplified result, my idea is to calculate many
thousands of days ahead and before set specified dates.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jan 22, 6:34*pm, "Jake" wrote:
I would like to take a date in A1 and in A2 have a set number of days from
that date. In A3 will be shown the date which is A2 days before/ahead of A1.

Example: A1 = 22-Jan-12, A2 = 5 and A3 will be calculated automatically as
27-Jan-12.

Obviously this is an oversimplified result, my idea is to calculate many
thousands of days ahead and before set specified dates.

EXCEL 2007

In A1 put the date.

In A2 put the number.

In A3 put:-
=A1+A2
- and it will display:-

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jake,
To accomplish showing a range of dates in Cell A3, try the following:

Cell Enter Cell Value/Formula
A1 Date in the middle of Range you want.
A2 days before/after
A3 =TEXT(A1-A2,"dd-mmm-yy")&" to "&TEXT(A1+A2,"dd-mmm-yy")

Cell Enter Cell Value/Formula
A1 22-Jan-12
A2 5
A3 =TEXT(A1-A2,"dd-mmm-yy")&" to "&TEXT(A1+A2,"dd-mmm-yy")

Result for A3 is:
17-Jan-12 to 27-Jan-12

--
Rich/rerat