Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rich/rerat Rich/rerat is offline

Default Calculate date so many days before/after current date.

Jake,
To accomplish showing a range of dates in Cell A3, try the following:

Cell Enter Cell Value/Formula
A1 Date in the middle of Range you want.
A2 days before/after
A3 =TEXT(A1-A2,"dd-mmm-yy")&" to "&TEXT(A1+A2,"dd-mmm-yy")

Cell Enter Cell Value/Formula
A1 22-Jan-12
A2 5
A3 =TEXT(A1-A2,"dd-mmm-yy")&" to "&TEXT(A1+A2,"dd-mmm-yy")

Result for A3 is:
17-Jan-12 to 27-Jan-12

--
Rich/rerat
(RRR News) (message rule)

"Jake" wrote in message
I would like to take a date in A1 and in A2 have a set number of days from
that date. In A3 will be shown the date which is A2 days before/ahead of A1.

Example: A1 = 22-Jan-12, A2 = 5 and A3 will be calculated automatically as
27-Jan-12.

Obviously this is an oversimplified result, my idea is to calculate many
thousands of days ahead and before set specified dates.