Anthony

Default Copy and pasting from one spreadsheet to another

I exported 10 separate files using .csv format. However the vendor wants
them all as one file. I attempted to copy and paste from one .csv file into
another but I get an error indicating they are not the same size, etc and to
click on an individual cell or rectangle. I did this but it still gives me
the same error. The data is in the same format (I believe) as all 10 .csv's
were created by the same program. How do I copy and paste from one .csv file
to another without the error?

Thanks.

Anthony

Dave Peterson

I'd put all 10 of the .CSV files into one folder -- with nothing else in that
folder.

Then I'd shell to a command prompt and issue an old DOS command to concatenate
the CSV files.

Windows start button|Run
(or flying windows r as a shortcut!)
win98: Command
WinXP/NT: CMD

Go to that folder:

C:
(to change to that drive)

cd\myfolder1\myfolder2\myfolder3
to change to that folder

copy *.csv All.Txt
Ren All.Txt All.CSV

(if you used All.CSV, then the copy command would try to include the total file
into itself--and you'd get an error. So we copy all the .CSV files to .txt and
then just rename the .txt to .CSV)

Exit to quit the shell.

Then import all.csv into excel.
(or send the all.csv file back to the vendor???)

--

Dave Peterson
Earl Kiosterud

Anthony,

It sounds as if you're selecting more than one cell when you're pasting.
Just select the upper left cell where you want to paste. It will paste to
the right and down as far as necessary.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com/