JZip

Default Copy and pasting graphs to PowerPoint

Katie,
I have been trying to use excel charts in a Publisher layout and have been
having the same problem, although I'm using scatter charts. I found that if
I paste the chart into Photoshop first I can then copy the Photoshop version
of it and paste it to Publisher no problem. I found that if I copy the chart
to the clipboard before opening a new Photoshop file, the new Photoshop file
you open will be the size of the clipboard contents. In order to copy the
Photoshop image you can just ctrl+A, ctrl+c it.
I can't make any promises, but it worked for me.
Good Luck.

"katiebpeach21" wrote:

Hi! I am having difficulty with this action. Everytime I try to copy and
graph or chart from an Excel worksheet to a PowerPoint slide, the item in the
Excel spreadsheet changes sizes. I need for the graphs to not change sizes.
This happens most often with pie charts. The title heading will stay the
same size, but the pie and its headings will decrease dramatically to where
the words are stacked upon each other. I copy and paste often and do not
have time to go back and resize each chart.

I use paste special picture when pasting into ppt. I have Excel 2000.

This is a bit tedious, but any tips and pointers are very much appreciated.
Thanks!