MC-TCS

Default Copy & Pasting Worksheets

Is there a secret to maintaining the size of the selected worksheet cells
when copying and pasting into Word or PPT? I am using Office 2003. It seems
that the size of the selected cells explode when I paste them into other
Office documents. Thanks!
Dave Shafer

Try using "Paste Special" and selecting Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object. It
will usually keep the formating you were using in Excel.

If I just want to select data from an excel spreadsheet and know I won't
want to modify the data in the Powerpoint or Word document I will copy the
data from excel as a picture. This makes resizing while maintaining
formating and works great. Also keeps your powerpoint files from getting too
large since they don't have embedded Excel files. To do this select the data
you want to copy in Excel, hold down the Shift key then select "Edit", "Copy
Picture". You will get a dialog box and I usually select the option "As
shown when printed" and get very nice results. Then just paste in either
Powerpoint or Word.