Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hari

Default Dragging for automatic filling

Hi,

In excel if I have q294bup1 in acell and I drag it down wih mouse
using the handle it updates to q294bup2 and q294bup3 and so on.

On the other hand if I press ctrl and drag it down it doesnt get
updated (remains as q294bup1 in all dragged cells)

Again if I have numbers in a cell like 1 and if I drag it down it
remains as 1 (as opposed to Q294b1 + Dragging). If I press ctrl and
drag the number 1 in a cell it increases to 2, 3 and so on ( ( as
opposed to Q294b1 + Ctrl + Dragging).

Why this different behaviour(s) regarding to dragging vs Ctrl +
dragging depending on what one has in a particular cell

Regards,
Hari
India