Default Zero Filling

What is the best way to increment the rows of a column,
while maintaining zero filling

Thanks in advance
Frank Kabel

Hi
not really sure what you're trying to do. Could you give an example?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
schrieb im Newsbeitrag
What is the best way to increment the rows of a column,
while maintaining zero filling

Thanks in advance

Want to # the rows as they came in to us, before working
with the file. So if the 1st row is given the 'id' of
0001, I want each row after that to increment by one, but
wish to keep the lead zeros - up to say 0999 (they are
necessary for some of our other programs). --

0001
0002
0003
etc

not really sure what you're trying to do. Could you give

an example?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany
schrieb im

Newsbeitrag
What is the best way to increment the rows of a column,
while maintaining zero filling

Thanks in advance

.

Frank Kabel

Fi
format the cells with a custom format such as
0000

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
schrieb im Newsbeitrag
[...]

Gord Dibben

Try entering in A1.......=ROW()

Then drag/copy down Column A.

Select Column A and FormatCellsNumberCustom

Enter 0000 in the dialog box.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP