Ajit Munj

Default Dragging year - Ajit

I entered the month Apr, 2000 in Cell A1 and after dragging I
want excel to enter May 2000, Jun 2000. But after dragging,
it increaments the year keeping the month as Apr. How can I solve this?

Ajit

-- Knowldege is Power
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Enter into A1 date 1st April 2005 (p.e. 1.4.5) and format as "mmm, yyyy"
Select the range of cells, you want to fill with months. From Edit menu,
select Fill.Series, set Date Unit to Month, and click on OK.

Another way is to use formulas, so that rest of months are adjusted
depending on date in A1.
(I think you want months in row 1)
B1=DATE(YEAR($A$1),MONTH($A$1)+COLUMN()-1,1)
copy to right for as many columns as you need, and format like A1.

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<attarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets

"Ajit Munj" wrote in message
I entered the month Apr, 2000 in Cell A1 and after dragging I
want excel to enter May 2000, Jun 2000. But after dragging,
it increaments the year keeping the month as Apr. How can I solve this?

Ajit

-- Knowldege is Power

R.VENKATARAMAN

yet another way after entering 4/1/05 format as april 05 and now drag down
with right bottom cursor (it will turn into +) you will get may 2005 etc
whichever you are comfortable with it is ok
mine excel 2000