DNA

Default Green Tick Marks

How do you turn the green ticks marks off so you don't know cells contain a
formula. Does everyone know what I'm talking about?

Jason Morin

From Microsoft's website:

"For more information about error types and how to correct them, click
Microsoft Excel Help on the Help menu, type 'find and correct errors in
formulas' in the Search for box in the Assistance pane, and then click Start
searching to view the topic."

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

"DNA" wrote:

How do you turn the green ticks marks off so you don't know cells contain a
formula. Does everyone know what I'm talking about?

DNA

There's nothing wrong with the formulas. The spreadsheet is fine on my PC,
when I emailed it, the other user has the green tick marks. They have not
changed the formulas.

Alan

You need to protect the sheet and then they will go away.
These ****ing things are a curse. No one I know wants them, they are just MS
giving help where help is not wanted.
Go on Tools Options and also 'Auto Correct' options and look for 'Smart
Tags'.
Disable the annoying SOB's and you should be OK
Regards,
Alan.
"DNA" wrote in message
lkaboutsoftware.com...
There's nothing wrong with the formulas. The spreadsheet is fine on my
PC,
when I emailed it, the other user has the green tick marks. They have not
changed the formulas.

Phil Wales

Try:
Tools< Options<View then deselect the fromula bar

"DNA" wrote:

How do you turn the green ticks marks off so you don't know cells contain a
formula. Does everyone know what I'm talking about?

Gord Dibben

The green tickmarks do not necessarily indicate formulas. They indicate what
Excel thinks is an error or anomaly in the cell.

Try ToolsOptionsError Checking. Uncheck the option and the green triangles
will go away.

To hide the formulas in the formula bar you can select the cells and
FormatProtectionHidden.

Then protect the worksheet under ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP