Ed

Default Y-axis tick marks in middle of chart?

I am trying to clean up some charts made my someone else. These are line
charts with 9 data lines. Some of the lines wanted to go above the maximum
Y-axis value. When I increased the value to Automatic, the lines are now
within the chart. But the Y-axis tickmarks, which were at the top of the
chart, are now in the middle of the chart. Actually, they are at the value
they were at before; it's as though I've added chart on top of the tick
marks and the tick marks didn't move. The values are still above the top
edge of the chart where they're supposed to be.

Can someone tell me what I need to change to get the tick marks at the top
edge of the Y-axis? Thank you.

Ed

Ed

My apologies. I guess I was using the wrong words to describe the problem.
It seems to be the Y-axis (Category axis) itself that's in the middle of the
chart (plot area). The tick mark labels are on top of the plot area,
aligned 90 degrees like I want. But the Y-axis with the major and minor
hash marks needs to sit on the top line of the plot area, and I can't get it
there.

Ed

"Ed" wrote:

[...]

bj

we may be having some discontinuities as to which is the X axis and which is
th Y axis, so try the other axis if it doesn't work
select the vertical axis double click on it and select scale
one of the lines should read "Catagory X axis crosses at " Set this cell
equal to the max value above.