Keith Woodcock

Default How to incline cells (not the text within them)

I would like to incline some cells to make the content more readable. I do
not wish to rotate the text within the cells, as this would produce very wide
columns.
Dave Peterson

I don't think you can.

Have you thought about using WordArt?

Aother option.

Put your cells on a different worksheet.
one cell at a time...
edit|copy
back to where you want this angled cell to be
shift-edit|paste picture link
(rotate as required)

--

Dave Peterson

bj

I am not sure what you mean when You say you want to incline cells but not
the text. When you say you want to make the cells be more readable and that
rotated text makes the columns be to wide
How do you have your cells set? There may be other mthods of making them
more readable

"Keith Woodcock" wrote:

I would like to incline some cells to make the content more readable. I do
not wish to rotate the text within the cells, as this would produce very wide
columns.

Keith Woodcock

Hi BJ.
The current spreadsheet has vertical data in the column heading, of between
3 and 15 characters in length. It would make the sheet easier to read if
heading cells could be canted over at 30-45 degrees.
\ \ \
\ \ \ <---- heading text
\ \ \
| | | <----- column data
| | |

Regards,
Keith

"Keith Woodcock" wrote:

I would like to incline some cells to make the content more readable. I do
not wish to rotate the text within the cells, as this would produce very wide
columns.

Have you tried rotating the text -45deg and then reducing the column width
to fit the numbers.
I think this does what you need.
standard grid lines vanish but you can put borders on. These look like
slanted cells.

HTH RES