Sue

Default how do i add the same text after current text in multiple cells

I have about 500 cells in 1 column where i need to add the same email address
domain for example - cell A2 reads Sue, cell A3 reads Bob, cell A4 reads Tom
(on down for about 500 cells). I need to simply add @thislocation.com to each
of them - so I wants A2 to read , A3 to read
, A4 to read - help? I also need
each of these cells to be active email links. (which u can't get if you add
the @thislocation.com to each cell - you have to add it in the formula area
at the top).

Thanks
Peo Sjoblom

One way

",A2&"@t hislocation.com")

copy down

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Sue" wrote:

I have about 500 cells in 1 column where i need to add the same email address
domain for example - cell A2 reads Sue, cell A3 reads Bob, cell A4 reads Tom
(on down for about 500 cells). I need to simply add @thislocation.com to each
of them - so I wants A2 to read , A3 to read
, A4 to read - help? I also need
each of these cells to be active email links. (which u can't get if you add
the @thislocation.com to each cell - you have to add it in the formula area
at the top).

Thanks

Gord Dibben

Sue

Assuming names are in column A.

In B1 enter =A1 & "

Double-click on fill handle of B1 to copy down.

Copy column B and in place Paste SpecialValuesOKEsc.

To change all to Hyperlinks run this macro.

Sub MakeHyperlinks()
'David McRitchie
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Intersect(Selection, _
Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants, xlTextValues))
With Worksheets(1)
.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Cell, _
Address:=Cell.Value, _
ScreenTip:=Cell.Value, _
TextToDisplay:=Cell.Value
End With
Next Cell
End Sub

OR a combo macro to add the text then change to hyperlink.

Sub Add_Text_Right()
Dim Cell As Range
Dim moretext As String
Dim thisrng As Range
On Error GoTo endit
Set thisrng = Range(ActiveCell.Address & "," & Selection.Address) _
.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlTextValues)
moretext = InputBox("Enter your Text")
For Each Cell In thisrng
Cell.Value = Cell.Value & moretext
Cell.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Cell, _