Dave

Default minimizing problem

for unknown reasons, when I minimize a workbook, it goes down to the left
corner as a very small box with nothing but a red X on it.
I used to be able to see the name of the workbook, and have a choice to
restore, close etc...
I am not sure what I have done, but would like the "normal" attributes back.
any ideas?
thanks
Dave

Dave Peterson

When I minimized a worksheet window (within excel), I got the same kind of
thing--but I could see more of that minimized box.

Any chance you could just drag it to the right a bit to see more of it?

I could move it and see/hide more stuff.

--

Dave Peterson
Dave

nope... I have tried "grabbing" it here and there to try and "stretch" it
back into shape without success...... absolutely driving me nutts
all I can see is the "close" red X.... nuthin else.......

Dave wrote:

for unknown reasons, when I minimize a workbook, it goes down to the left
corner as a very small box with nothing but a red X on it.
I used to be able to see the name of the workbook, and have a choice to
restore, close etc...
I am not sure what I have done, but would like the "normal" attributes
back.
any ideas?
thanks
Dave

--

Dave Peterson

Dave

it is most strange..... totally baffled. I ran the detect/repair program and
it didn't change anything. I opened one of the workbooks in my other
computer and it minimized normally.
So it is some setting in excel that I cannot figure out.
hmmmmm
thanks for your input!