ynissel

Default check box

I put a number of checkboxs in my spreadhseet - all in a strait row going
down. But, I didnt line them up properly - is there a way to snap them to
grid or somehow line them all up with each other (they are all the same size)
?
Thanks
Mike R

ynissel,

I hate to be this way but it will be easier to remove all but the top one
and start over. I place the first one the way I want it in relation to a
cell, I then just drag down as many as I want and they are all lined up.
This works if you have NOT assigned the check box to a cell. If you have
already assigned it to a cell it will give you copies all the way down, in
other words when you tick the first one they will all be marked. Be sure a
try all new things on a copy of you work. Play and it will work itself out
for you.

Mike Rogers
HTH

"ynissel" wrote:

I put a number of checkboxs in my spreadhseet - all in a strait row going
down. But, I didnt line them up properly - is there a way to snap them to
grid or somehow line them all up with each other (they are all the same size)
?
Thanks

Mike R

ynissel,

Are you using the "fill handle" or copying?
Works on my xl2k with the fill handle really nice!!

Mike Rogers

"ynissel" wrote:

I put a number of checkboxs in my spreadhseet - all in a strait row going
down. But, I didnt line them up properly - is there a way to snap them to
grid or somehow line them all up with each other (they are all the same size)
?
Thanks

Dave Peterson

Show the control toolbox toolbar
click on the design mode icon (so you can change the location of the checkboxes)

show the Drawing toolbar
You can either click on the arrow icon (on the Drawing toolbar)
and lasso all the checkboxes you want

or you can click on the first and ctrl-click on the subsequent checkboxes.

But when you're done, you'll have all the checkboxes (that you want) selected.

Then click on the Draw icon on the toolbar.

You could use the Snap-to-Grid (if the checkboxes are close to the borders of
the cells) or you could use the Align-or-Distribute options to line them up
nicely.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

You could run some code to link the checkbox to the cell that's under the
checkbox.

Or you could add the checkboxes and do all the work all at once. Is that good
enough?

If you like this second idea, save your workbook (close without saving if this
doesn't work for you).

Then run a macro like:

Option Explicit
Sub testme2()

Dim OLEObj As OLEObject
Dim myRng As Range
Dim myCell As Range
Dim wks As Worksheet

Set wks = ActiveSheet

With wks
Set myRng = .Range("c3:c9")
End With

For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
With myCell
Set OLEObj = .Parent.OLEObjects.Add _
(ClassType:="Forms.CheckBox.1", _
Link:=False, _
DisplayAsIcon:=False, _
Left:=.Left, Top:=.Top, _
Width:=.Width, Height:=.Height)
OLEObj.LinkedCell = .Address(external:=True)
OLEObj.Object.Value = False
OLEObj.Object.Caption = "" 'or whatever you want
.NumberFormat = ";;;"
End With
Next myCell

End Sub

Modify the range (I used C3:C9) to what you want.

I didn't use a caption, but you could.

I also formatted the linked cell to hide the value. (Custom number format of
;;;.)

ynissel wrote:

I put a number of checkboxs in my spreadhseet - all in a strait row going
down. But, I didnt line them up properly - is there a way to snap them to
grid or somehow line them all up with each other (they are all the same size)
?
Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave,
Is it possible to resize the "Check Box" in microsft Excel? I need to
make the box itself and the check that appears within, about twice the
default size.

thanks,
Wes

please send a reply to if possible

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nope.

If you used checkboxes from the Control Toolbox toolbar, you could change the
font of the caption, though.

How about dropping the checkboxes and using a special font.

Select the range
Format|cells|number tab|custom category
In the "type:" box, put this:
alt-0252;alt-0252;alt-0252;alt-0252

But hit and hold the alt key while you're typing the 0252 from the numeric
keypad.

It should look something like this when you're done.
ü;ü;ü;ü
(umlaut over the lower case u separated by semicolons)

And format that range of cells as Wingdings (make it as large as you want)

Now, no matter what you type (spacebar, x, anyoldtextatall), you'll see a check
mark.

Hit the delete key on the keyboard to clear the cell.

If you have to use that "checkmark" in later formulas:

=if(a1="","no checkmark","Yes checkmark")