Paul Moore

Default Possible to apply Autofilter to a subset of available columns?

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet to which I want to apply Autofilter. However, I don't
want to be able to sort on all columns, that is, I only want to be to filter
and sort the spreadsheet based on some of the columns, with the other
columns having no downward pointing arrow in their headers.

I've found a way to do this for a single column. If I drag and select the
column and enable Autofiler, then Autofilter is only enabled for that
column. But I haven't found a way to do it for multiple and non-contiguous
columns.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,
Paul

--
paul-dot-moore@pandora-dot-be
Adjust dots for real address

Debra Dalgleish

You can hide some of the arrows with programming. There's sample code he

http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Hide

Paul Moore wrote:
I have a spreadsheet to which I want to apply Autofilter. However, I don't
want to be able to sort on all columns, that is, I only want to be to filter
and sort the spreadsheet based on some of the columns, with the other
columns having no downward pointing arrow in their headers.

I've found a way to do this for a single column. If I drag and select the
column and enable Autofiler, then Autofilter is only enabled for that
column. But I haven't found a way to do it for multiple and non-contiguous
columns.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List