Junior Member

Default All 0's on Pivot Table Sum, Data NOT text

I'm trying to download my PayPal transactions and turn it into usable data...

So far, I've turned the data into a table and can at least use the category drop downs.

What I'd like to do, is create a pivot table to show sums of money received, and money sent out for fees, shipping, etc. Here are a couple of screen shots to show what I'm talking about. I've highlights some numbers to show they're not text and actually sum.

Junior Member

hi eagarcia,

you need to take sum of NET AMOUNT in the Pivot table(@ Values box)

becasue u took sum transaction Id' which is text

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagarcia08 View Post
I'm trying to download my PayPal transactions and turn it into usable data...

So far, I've turned the data into a table and can at least use the category drop downs.

What I'd like to do, is create a pivot table to show sums of money received, and money sent out for fees, shipping, etc. Here are a couple of screen shots to show what I'm talking about. I've highlights some numbers to show they're not text and actually sum.

Attached Images

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagedraprasad.v View Post
hi eagarcia,

you need to take sum of NET AMOUNT in the Pivot table(@ Values box)

becasue u took sum transaction Id' which is text
Wow I'm an idiot, haha...

I originally had net amount, gross amount, etc... I guess after I fixed the text to number issue I put in the wrong field for value... That fixed it, thanks!