Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pum75

Default Pivot table - Text in Data field

The item i want in my data field is text (words). I do not want a count or a
sum of this data. Is there any way to see text data in a pivot table?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
topola

It is possible to show text fields as first, second, third... item in
Rows or Columns. I never had them in Data section.
--
Topola

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Not in the data fields--they're numeric summaries.

You can put them in the row/column or page field, though.