-   -   Pivot table - Text in Data field (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/55944-pivot-table-text-data-field.html)

pum75

Pivot table - Text in Data field

The item i want in my data field is text (words). I do not want a count or a
sum of this data. Is there any way to see text data in a pivot table?

topola

Pivot table - Text in Data field

It is possible to show text fields as first, second, third... item in
Rows or Columns. I never had them in Data section.
--
Topola

Dave Peterson

Pivot table - Text in Data field

Not in the data fields--they're numeric summaries.

You can put them in the row/column or page field, though.