-   -   All 0's on Pivot Table Sum, Data NOT text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/269987-all-0s-pivot-table-sum-data-not-text.html)

eagarcia08

All 0's on Pivot Table Sum, Data NOT text

I'm trying to download my PayPal transactions and turn it into usable data...

So far, I've turned the data into a table and can at least use the category drop downs.

What I'd like to do, is create a pivot table to show sums of money received, and money sent out for fees, shipping, etc. Here are a couple of screen shots to show what I'm talking about. I've highlights some numbers to show they're not text and actually sum.

nagedraprasad.v

1 Attachment(s)
hi eagarcia,

you need to take sum of NET AMOUNT in the Pivot table(@ Values box)

becasue u took sum transaction Id' which is text

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagarcia08 (Post 964286)
I'm trying to download my PayPal transactions and turn it into usable data...

So far, I've turned the data into a table and can at least use the category drop downs.

What I'd like to do, is create a pivot table to show sums of money received, and money sent out for fees, shipping, etc. Here are a couple of screen shots to show what I'm talking about. I've highlights some numbers to show they're not text and actually sum.

eagarcia08

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagedraprasad.v (Post 964292)
hi eagarcia,

you need to take sum of NET AMOUNT in the Pivot table(@ Values box)

becasue u took sum transaction Id' which is text

Wow I'm an idiot, haha...

I originally had net amount, gross amount, etc... I guess after I fixed the text to number issue I put in the wrong field for value... That fixed it, thanks!