Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default VLOOKUP formula displays in cell, will not return data

I had an older version of Excel (97 maybe?) and our office updated to 2007.

Now my vlookup will not return data. The vlookup formula appears in the
cell or I get the NA#. I've formatted my lookup cells and table to General
but still get the same result.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

After formatting the cell as General, re-enter it (F2/Enter) - if you're
still seeing the formula, press Ctrl/~ -- you're looking at the formula layer
instead of the value layer.

"Chaps" wrote:

I had an older version of Excel (97 maybe?) and our office updated to 2007.

Now my vlookup will not return data. The vlookup formula appears in the
cell or I get the NA#. I've formatted my lookup cells and table to General
but still get the same result.

Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaps View Post
I had an older version of Excel (97 maybe?) and our office updated to 2007.

Now my vlookup will not return data. The vlookup formula appears in the
cell or I get the NA#. I've formatted my lookup cells and table to General
but still get the same result.
Is the lookup_value exist in the table array?
Can you copy sample formula or spreadsheet with attachment. We will try to replicate and let you know the solution
Thanks
Bala