MMV

Default Formula window displays correct answer while cell displays incorre

The formula : =SUM(IF($O$6:$O$10=O10,1,0)) in the formula window diplays the
correct answer of 2.000. The range does have 2 numbers that are greater or
equal to 010. The cell were the formula resides displays 1.000. Unable to
figure out why. Formula does work in previous year worksheet.
Frank Kabel

Hi
have you entered the formula with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER as array formula.
Also you may use the following instead
=COUNTIF($O$6:$O$10,"=" & O10)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"MMV" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
The formula : =SUM(IF($O$6:$O$10=O10,1,0)) in the formula window

diplays the
correct answer of 2.000. The range does have 2 numbers that are

greater or
equal to 010. The cell were the formula resides displays 1.000.

Unable to
figure out why. Formula does work in previous year worksheet.

MMV

Thanks Frank,
I am not sure what you mean by CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER, but the COUNTIF formula
solved the problem. I normally find my answers via other person's questions,
which are usually answered by you. I joked with a co-worker after I posted
that "Frank Zabel from Germany" will know the answer, I was right. Although
your last name is Kabel, you are like Erik Zabel (German cyclist), usually in
first.
Thanks again.

"MMV" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
The formula : =SUM(IF($O$6:$O$10=O10,1,0)) in the formula window

diplays the
correct answer of 2.000. The range does have 2 numbers that are

greater or
equal to 010. The cell were the formula resides displays 1.000.

Unable to
figure out why. Formula does work in previous year worksheet.

Frank Kabel

Hi
CTRL+SHIDT+ENTER is the way to create an array formula. The formula
will then be enclosed in curly brackets in the formula bar
{=your_formula}

to achieve this just hit these three keys in combination instead of a
single ENTER to commit the formula

--
Regards
Frank Kabel