kbigs

Default How is it that a cell can transfer the correct formula, but the w.

When we copy and paste a cell that has a formula in it, it is transferring
the row adjusted formula, but the value from the cell that it was copied
from. The settings in paste special are all correct. Any suggestions?
Peo Sjoblom

What's the formula?
What's the result?
What do you expect?

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"kbigs" wrote:

When we copy and paste a cell that has a formula in it, it is transferring
the row adjusted formula, but the value from the cell that it was copied
from. The settings in paste special are all correct. Any suggestions?

kbigs

The formula is a simple B8-C8. Normally when a formula is copied and entered
into other cells it adjusts for being placed in a different row or column.
However, if we past the formula a row lower (B9-C9) it shows the correct
formula but the value from the row it was copied from. So, if B8-C8 = 11,
then the number 11 shows up in the cell with B9-C9 even if it should total
25. One way we have found to fix it cell by cell is that if we hit ENTER a
second time after the formula has been pasted it will clear the wrong value
and apply the formula. However, for a large spreadsheet, this can be rather
time consuming.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

What's the formula?
What's the result?
What do you expect?

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"kbigs" wrote:

When we copy and paste a cell that has a formula in it, it is transferring
the row adjusted formula, but the value from the cell that it was copied
from. The settings in paste special are all correct. Any suggestions?

RagDyeR

Sounds like your calculation is set to manual.

<Tools <Option <Calculation tab,
And make sure "Automatic" is checked.
--

HTH,

RD

"kbigs" wrote in message
The formula is a simple B8-C8. Normally when a formula is copied and
entered
into other cells it adjusts for being placed in a different row or column.
However, if we past the formula a row lower (B9-C9) it shows the correct
formula but the value from the row it was copied from. So, if B8-C8 = 11,
then the number 11 shows up in the cell with B9-C9 even if it should total
25. One way we have found to fix it cell by cell is that if we hit ENTER a
second time after the formula has been pasted it will clear the wrong value
and apply the formula. However, for a large spreadsheet, this can be rather
time consuming.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

What's the formula?
What's the result?