Sarah

Default Cell contents vs. Formula contents

With a cell selected if you look at the formula bar it
shows a lot more text than you'd see by looking in the
cell itself. I've told it to wrap text; fit to size; copy
and paste into a new cell; copy and paste into a new
workbook- nothing works. What can I do to see the complete
cell contents on the worksheet and not just in the formula
bar?
Frank Kabel

Hi
could you give an example for both values.
Normally using the 'General' format should do

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Sarah" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
With a cell selected if you look at the formula bar it
shows a lot more text than you'd see by looking in the
cell itself. I've told it to wrap text; fit to size; copy
and paste into a new cell; copy and paste into a new
workbook- nothing works. What can I do to see the complete
cell contents on the worksheet and not just in the formula
bar?

Peo Sjoblom

Go to help and lookup specifications, this is what it says:

"Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a
cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar."

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Sarah" wrote:

With a cell selected if you look at the formula bar it
shows a lot more text than you'd see by looking in the
cell itself. I've told it to wrap text; fit to size; copy
and paste into a new cell; copy and paste into a new
workbook- nothing works. What can I do to see the complete
cell contents on the worksheet and not just in the formula
bar?

Sarah

Since this was recovered file that was all messed up (it's
a long story)what was once lots of cells got shoved into a
few cells. So yes- you're correct- at least now I know I
have to fix and it's not a simple 'click here and it all
shows'. Thanks everyone for your assistance!

.