Neil Bhandar

Default Formula displays does not calculate

Hello:

I just typed a formula in a cell and it displays =A4+J13 (the same formula
calculates fine in a different cell), instead of claculating the value. Both
A4 and J13 contain numeric data. I try Ctrl+~ to toggle and chk if full
formula mode was ON? but that did not help either.

I also tried looking for feedback through the formula evaluation utility in
Excel, no help there either, it says cell being evaluated contains a constant?

Your help is appreciated
Jason Morin

No, Norman is asking if the formula cell is formatted as
text. Delete the contents of the formula cell, format it
as General, and then re-enter the formula.

Jason

Dave Peterson

Or just format the cell as general, then hit F2, then enter.

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Neil,

Perhaps the cell is formatted as text?

---