Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default table lookup

Let's say i have a table. I can use MATCH() to know that I want to
look in column 13 for a certain value. Now I just need to figure out
what row a certain value is. For instance: 1810. Somewhere in
Column 13 is the value "1810"....I would like to find out what ROW
it's in. How can I tell Excel to look in Column 13 and find 1810, and
let me know what row it's in?

DK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Sun, 9 May 2010 11:33:41 -0700 (PDT), dksaluki
wrote:

Let's say i have a table. I can use MATCH() to know that I want to
look in column 13 for a certain value. Now I just need to figure out
what row a certain value is. For instance: 1810. Somewhere in
Column 13 is the value "1810"....I would like to find out what ROW
it's in. How can I tell Excel to look in Column 13 and find 1810, and
let me know what row it's in?

DK

Column 13 is normally refered to as column M.

Try this formula:

=MATCH(1810,M:M,0)

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke