Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lookup Table

I am viewing a spreadsheet that has the below formula. I can figure out what
it is looking at. I know it is going to cell c14 in the tab IMU_PD3! and I
am assuming that the range is B:M (which does not match the figure I am
looking at) and then what is the 8, and false)

=VLOOKUP(C14,IMU_Pd3!B:M,8,FALSE)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It looks at the value in C14 then it goes to Col B on IMU_Pd3 sheet and tries
to find the cell with the same value as C14...

If it finds such a cell it looks in the 8th Column from B (Col I) in the
same row, and retruns the value in that cell to the cell which contains
VLOOKUP formula...

if does not find a match in Col B it returns #N/A