Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default upgrade macros to 07

I had macros running in Excel 97 and now was upgraded to 07. The macro won't
run, error says there aren't enough rows in destination file. I"m a novice
macro user and this was written by someone a year ago who has since retired.
It gets a text file, dumps it to Excel and formats it (takes out repetitive
garbage headers that reoccur throughout). What do I need to do to transition
my existing excel files with macros to 07?
TY in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Post the code of your macro and the exact error message

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"tigo" wrote in message
I had macros running in Excel 97 and now was upgraded to 07. The macro
won't
run, error says there aren't enough rows in destination file. I"m a
novice
macro user and this was written by someone a year ago who has since
retired.
It gets a text file, dumps it to Excel and formats it (takes out
repetitive
garbage headers that reoccur throughout). What do I need to do to
transition
my existing excel files with macros to 07?
TY in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

'Run Time error 1004':

Excel cannot insert the sheets into the destination workbook, because it
contains fewer rows and columns than the source workbook. To move or copy
the data to the destination workbook, you can select the data, and then us
the Copy and Paste commands to instert it into the sheets of another workbook.

"tigo" wrote in message
I had macros running in Excel 97 and now was upgraded to 07. The macro
won't
run, error says there aren't enough rows in destination file. I"m a
novice
macro user and this was written by someone a year ago who has since
retired.
It gets a text file, dumps it to Excel and formats it (takes out
repetitive
garbage headers that reoccur throughout). What do I need to do to
transition
my existing excel files with macros to 07?
TY in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

myFile = Application.GetOpenFilename("Text Files,*.txt")
Workbooks.OpenText Filename:=myFile, _
Origin:=437, _
StartRow:=3, _
DataType:=xlFixedWidth, _
FieldInfo:=Array( _
Array(0, 1), Array(8, 1), Array(14, 1), Array(25, 1), Array(29, 1),
Array(39, 1), Array(42, _
1), Array(75, 1), Array(98, 1), Array(106, 1), Array(110, 1),
Array(114, 1), Array(137, 1), _
Array(148, 1), Array(165, 1), Array(180, 1), Array(190, 1)),
TrailingMinusNumbers:= _
True
ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlNormal
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=-6
ActiveSheet.Move Befo=Workbooks("del022410.xls").Sheets(1)
Rows("2:2").Select
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp
Range("A1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "DateShip"
Range("B1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Days Late"
Range("C1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Late Order"
Range("D1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Itm Rel"
Columns("E:E").Select
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlToLeft
Range("L1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Quantity"
Range("M1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Dollars"
Range("N1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "OnHand"
Range("O1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Alloc"
Range("A1").Select

"tigo" wrote in message
I had macros running in Excel 97 and now was upgraded to 07. The macro
won't
run, error says there aren't enough rows in destination file. I"m a
novice
macro user and this was written by someone a year ago who has since
retired.
It gets a text file, dumps it to Excel and formats it (takes out
repetitive
garbage headers that reoccur throughout). What do I need to do to
transition
my existing excel files with macros to 07?
TY in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It seems you are using an Excel 2003 format file with 64k rows and an .xls
file type extension.
Save the destination file as an Excel 2007 file (with a million rows, it
will get a .xlsx extension) and I expect your problem will be gone.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"tigo" wrote in message
I had macros running in Excel 97 and now was upgraded to 07. The macro
won't
run, error says there aren't enough rows in destination file. I"m a
novice
macro user and this was written by someone a year ago who has since
retired.
It gets a text file, dumps it to Excel and formats it (takes out
repetitive
garbage headers that reoccur throughout). What do I need to do to
transition
my existing excel files with macros to 07?
TY in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

tried it again (had to change the file name in vbs) but now I get this error:
Run-time error '9':

Subscript out of range

Can you help?

Upgrade to 2007 PA New Users to Excel 17 June 6th 07 06:50 AM
How do I upgrade to 2003 shapiro Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 December 18th 06 07:59 PM
Excel Upgrade QnBrnda Setting up and Configuration of Excel 3 September 30th 06 08:40 PM
Excel upgrade unionlady2 Setting up and Configuration of Excel 3 February 22nd 06 12:39 AM
Lost XL on XP upgrade Michgibs Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 January 12th 05 08:29 AM