Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Excel Upgrade

Just got a new laptop, but it didn't come with Excel. I am running Micrsoft
Windows XP Media Center Edition. My version of Microsoft Works is 8.5, which
was installed with Microsoft Suite 2006. Saying that the version is 8.5
(this version was not specified as a requirement on the site), do I still
qualify for the "Upgrade" version of Excel 2003? I'd hate to buy it and have
it turn out that I should have bought the full version.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I find this at

http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...ional.mspx#EQE

Upgrade Eligibility
Determine whether your current version of Microsoft Office qualifies you for the
$329 US upgrade price. The following products qualify:

• Microsoft Office XP
Office XP Developer, Office XP Professional with FrontPage®, Office XP
Professional Special Edition, Office XP Professional with Publisher, Office XP
Professional, Office XP Small Business Edition, Office XP Standard

• Microsoft Office 2000
Office 2000 Developer, Office 2000 Premium, Office 2000 Professional, Office
2000 Small Business Edition, Office 2000 Standard

• Microsoft Office 97
Office 97 Professional, Office 97 Small Business Edition (version 2), Office 97
Small Business Edition (version 1), Office 97 Standard

• Microsoft Works
Works 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, or 8.5
Works Suite 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, or 2006

NOTE.......Works 8.5 is listed

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 23:58:01 -0700, QnBrnda
wrote:

Just got a new laptop, but it didn't come with Excel. I am running Micrsoft
Windows XP Media Center Edition. My version of Microsoft Works is 8.5, which
was installed with Microsoft Suite 2006. Saying that the version is 8.5
(this version was not specified as a requirement on the site), do I still
qualify for the "Upgrade" version of Excel 2003? I'd hate to buy it and have
it turn out that I should have bought the full version.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

The link that you sent me was for Microsoft Office Editions. I just want
Excel 2003 only. When I scrolled down, I clicked on the link for Excel 2003.
From there, I clicked on "How to Buy", which noted the upgrade eligibility.
On that window, it did not list Microsoft Works 8.5 an eligibility. I'm just
trying to make sure that this is still valid. Any thoughts? Thanks for your
assistance.

wrote:

Just got a new laptop, but it didn't come with Excel. I am running Micrsoft
Windows XP Media Center Edition. My version of Microsoft Works is 8.5, which
was installed with Microsoft Suite 2006. Saying that the version is 8.5
(this version was not specified as a requirement on the site), do I still
qualify for the "Upgrade" version of Excel 2003? I'd hate to buy it and have
it turn out that I should have bought the full version.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Apologies.

You are correct. This link to upgrades for Excel 2003 stand-alone does not list
Works 8.5

http://www.microsoft.com/office/exce...y/default.mspx

I have no idea why 8.5 is not listed and will keep my nose out of it until I
learn how to read.

Perhaps you could contact MS

The email link at this site promises next day response.

http://www.microsoft.com/products/in...ent=22/custsrv

Gord

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 09:49:02 -0700, QnBrnda
wrote:

The link that you sent me was for Microsoft Office Editions. I just want
Excel 2003 only. When I scrolled down, I clicked on the link for Excel 2003.
From there, I clicked on "How to Buy", which noted the upgrade eligibility.