Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need to Change Case from Mixed to Caps

Please help! I have a number of imported worksheets with some fields
formatted in mixed case and some in UPPER case. I want all data to look
consistent.

Is there a way that I can quickly turn all of the mixed case to upper case?
Word has a button to do this but I don't see one in Excel.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can apply "Upper" formula, even better would be to use "Proper" formula,
which capitalizes only first letter of each word from the reference data/cell.

It works like;
=upper(a1) and
=proper(a1)

Regards,
Pritesh

"Kathy" wrote:

Please help! I have a number of imported worksheets with some fields
formatted in mixed case and some in UPPER case. I want all data to look
consistent.

Is there a way that I can quickly turn all of the mixed case to upper case?
Word has a button to do this but I don't see one in Excel.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Run this macro;

Sub UPPERCaseAll()
Dim lchr As Long

For lchr = 97 To 127
ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Replace Chr(lchr), UCase(Chr(lchr)), xlPart
Next lchr

Regards
Dave Hawley
www.ozgrid.com
"Kathy" wrote in message
Please help! I have a number of imported worksheets with some fields
formatted in mixed case and some in UPPER case. I want all data to look
consistent.

Is there a way that I can quickly turn all of the mixed case to upper
case?
Word has a button to do this but I don't see one in Excel.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you! This works but now I need to get rid of the column with the
improperly formatted case (so that there are not two duplicate columns of
text). How can I do that? Can I turn the new column with the "Upper" and
"Proper" formulas into text?

"Kathy" wrote:

Please help! I have a number of imported worksheets with some fields
formatted in mixed case and some in UPPER case. I want all data to look
consistent.

Is there a way that I can quickly turn all of the mixed case to upper case?
Word has a button to do this but I don't see one in Excel.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Kathy

Copy your new column which has the formulaePaste SpecialValues
That will "fix" the formulae to their resulting text appearance.
You can then delete the original column.
--
Regards
Roger Govier