Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kathy[_3_] Kathy[_3_] is offline

Default Need to Change Case from Mixed to Caps

Thank you! This works but now I need to get rid of the column with the
improperly formatted case (so that there are not two duplicate columns of
text). How can I do that? Can I turn the new column with the "Upper" and
"Proper" formulas into text?

"Pritesh" wrote:

You can apply "Upper" formula, even better would be to use "Proper" formula,
which capitalizes only first letter of each word from the reference data/cell.

It works like;
=upper(a1) and
=proper(a1)

Regards,
Pritesh

"Kathy" wrote:

Please help! I have a number of imported worksheets with some fields
formatted in mixed case and some in UPPER case. I want all data to look
consistent.

Is there a way that I can quickly turn all of the mixed case to upper case?
Word has a button to do this but I don't see one in Excel.

Thanks in advance.