Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Staus Bar - Size Matters

In version 2007, I am trying to adjust the status bar to a larger size so
that I do not have to squint to see the sum totals. For some reason, the 2007
excel status bar seems to be smaller.?.?. Is there a (font) size adjustment?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Click the Office button and then Excel Options. It should default to
Popular and in the area Creating New Workbooks change the font and or size to
suit. Try Century Gothic. It's a very clear font.
--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

"Teddy-B" wrote:

In version 2007, I am trying to adjust the status bar to a larger size so
that I do not have to squint to see the sum totals. For some reason, the 2007
excel status bar seems to be smaller.?.?. Is there a (font) size adjustment?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The size of the Sheet tabs and Status Bar are governed by the setting for
Scrollbars in Windows Display Appearance. Mine are at 18. Start there and
work your way up or down. The tab font will increase or decrease with the
size of sheet tabs and change the size of the Status Bar at same time.

Right-click on your Desktop and PropertiesAppearanceAdvanced

"Item" drop down select Scrollbar

Change setting to Taste
Apply
OK

Depending upon your settings, you may have to re-boot to see the changes.

Also note: this is a Global change and will affect all Applications.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP