Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
katykins53

Default My tabs' font size is smaller - how do I restore default size?

Running MS Excel 2003. The font size for the tabs is suddenly much smaller -
nothing that I changed - just happened!! How do I change the font size back
to the default size?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

katy

You cannot change the font of the tabs alone.

You can change the size of the tabs.

This is a function of your Windows Display Properties.

The size of the sheet tabs are governed by the setting for Scrollbars in
Windows Display Appearance. Mine are at 18. Start there and work your way
up or down. The font will increase or decrease with the size of sheet tabs.

Win98 as example...

Right-click on desktop and select Appearance tab

WinXP AppearanceAdvanced)

"Item" drop down select Scrollbar

Change setting to Taste
Apply
OK

Depending upon your settings, you may have to re-boot to see the changes.

Also note: this is a Global change and will affect all Applications.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP