Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default background commands running in Excel?

I have created a new spreadsheet for some reporting that involves many charts
that feed off one worksheet within the workbook.

Every time that I open the workbook, the chart tab names are reset to "chart
1" "chart 2" etc. Also, even if I open the workbook and immediately close
it, it asks if I want to save changes.

The file is NOT linked to any external files. Is there any way that I can
see the internal processes occuring that are changing these tab names and
triggering the "save changes" command?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you have an VBA code running in the workbook? Do you use and volatile
functions such as Now(), Today(), Cells(), Rand().

If code is executing on the On Open event then that would explain the saving
behaviour and possibly the chart titles. The volatile functions would
definitely explain the need to save the file as they will change cell values
when the workbook is opened.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson