Lori

Default Excel toolbar commands

Just upgraded to Excel 2003 and can't find the gridline command to drag to my
toolbar - can anyone point me in the right direction. It's buried in the
toolsoptionsview menu. The older version let me put the command on my
toolbar.
Duke Carey

I use the following code to CLEAR gridlines. It resides in personal.xls and
is attached to a custom toolbar button.

Sub ClearGridlines()
ActiveWindow.DisplayGridlines = False
End Sub

If you want a toggle you could use:
Sub ToggleGridlines()
ActiveWindow.DisplayGridlines = not ActiveWindow.DisplayGridlines
End Sub

"Lori" wrote:

Just upgraded to Excel 2003 and can't find the gridline command to drag to my
toolbar - can anyone point me in the right direction. It's buried in the
toolsoptionsview menu. The older version let me put the command on my
toolbar.

Peo Sjoblom

And if Lori wants a built in button do viewtoolbars and check forms, then
drag it to the menu

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Lori" wrote:

Just upgraded to Excel 2003 and can't find the gridline command to drag
to my
toolbar - can anyone point me in the right direction. It's buried in the
toolsoptionsview menu. The older version let me put the command on my
toolbar.

Gord Dibben

Duke

It has been there for several versions.

Why there??? Good question but no answer I could find or think of.

One would surmise it should be under the View or Format category.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"Lori" wrote:

Just upgraded to Excel 2003 and can't find the gridline command to drag
to my
toolbar - can anyone point me in the right direction. It's buried in the
toolsoptionsview menu. The older version let me put the command on my
toolbar.

RagDyeR

It's been there since at least 5.0

As to why ... I can't (don't) create and/or design any form without using
that icon.

You need to toggle it constantly to see the display mode of the form you're
designing.

It's one of the *rare* cases where I seem to be on the same track as
Redmond.

RD