Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Excel Commands greyed out

I recently re-loaded MS Office 2003 on a new laptop, and the excel program is
a causing me a problem. I'm using Excel 2003 (SP3). All of the sub commands
under the toolbar (File, Edit, View, Format etc being the main commands) are
greyed out. The only way I can access the functions that are greyed out is
to customize my worksheet and drag the icons to the top command line. I have
been all throough the help functions and tried many things to make the greyed
out commands usable - with no success.

I am having this problem with all of my excel worksheets, and they are not
protected.