Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy dropdown list

Is there a way to copy a drop down validation to other sheets?

On each sheet I have 2 dropdown validation lists:

1 at cell E2
and the other at cell E42

I would like to be able to copy these to another 30 sheets in the exact same
cells on each sheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I believe that is possible.

Set up your data validation lists to accept a named range, that is select
your lists and name them, MyList1, MyList2 and such.

Then in the data validation source box enter =MyList1 or MyList2 etc.

Now copy the cell with the data validation on your present worksheet and
past on any worksheet. I think that will work for you.

HTH
Regards
Howard