Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default all of a sudden my excel 2000 won't load

I have an older version of Microsoft office, 2000. I haven't tried using
excel recently so I can't say for sure when this problem started, but today I
tried to open it and go this pop-up box, "Microsoft office 2000 premium - The
feature you are trying to use is on a CD-Rom or other removable disk that is
not available. Insert the Microsoft office 2000 premium disk and click OK."
unfortunately I don't have the disk with me at the moment. My other
Microsoft office applications are working fine. Any ideas if this can be
fixed without the disk?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Without the CD I don't hold out much hope.

But if you open Windows Explorer and drill down to an Excel file *.xls then
right-click and "Open With" do you get Excel as an option?

If not, you most likely have removed Excel through add/remove

But as a last gasp........try re-registering Excel.

StartRun "C:\yourpathto2000\excel.exe" /regserver

Again, you could be asked for the CD

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP