Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combining Spreadsheets easy or hard

Hi

Hopefully someone can help me with a query. I have around 30 spreadsheets,
each of which has only 1 sheet. I would like to combine them to produce 1
spreadsheet with 30 sheets.

These are all audit questions, so whilst they do look similar the question
sets do vary as do the number of questions within each spreadsheet.

I'm not trying to combine data or anything like that, just produce a single
document. For ease of usage.

Thanks in advance, any pointers gratefully received.

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Andy

Just for future reference, the terminology is that you have 30 WORKBOOKSs,
each of which contains only 1 sheet, which you want to combine into 1
WORKBOOK with 30 WORKSHEETS.

If this is a one off task, I think I would just do it manually.
Choose one of the workbooks to be your final Workbook which will have the 30
sheets.
Next, open each other workbook in turn
Right click on the tab of the sheet with DataMove or Copyselect
CopyChoose the Name of your final WorkbookInsert at EndOK
Close that workbook

You will probably end up with the final workbook having sheets called
Sheet1, Sheet1 (2), Sheet1 (3) etc.
Right click on the tabsRenameChoose a suitable name

If you want to do it programmatically, take a look at Ron de Bruin's code
for doing this.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc837974.aspx

--
Regards