Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combining two spreadsheets.

Spread sheet 1 shows entire inventory data base and includes:

Item Description # column (ie 0001)
Item Description column (ie Widget)
Quantity on-hand column (ie 12)

Spread sheet 2 shows only inventory items that have selling activity.

Item Description # column (0001)
Item Description column (Widget)
Quantity sold column. (6)

How can I combine these two spreadsheets so I can get the following data?:

Item # Description Qty on hand Qty sold
0001 Widget 12 6

Spreadsheet 1 shows all 10,000 inventory items while spreadsheet 2 shows
only those inventory items that have sold. (Only a small fraction of the
10,000 inventory items.) What I really need is a final spreadsheet that
shows only inventory items that have sold that includes the information
above. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is a different way.

1-Go into a new blank sheet
2-Copy and Paste the column that contains every item in the new sheet
3-Click in first cell of column where data will next go.
4-Goto Data / Consolidate / Function - Sum / Reference - drag and highlight
the column starting with the heading to the last cell with data (or click on
first cell and scroll down and hold shift and click last cell) / Add / check
- Use labels - Top row
5-do steps 3 and 4 for other columns in other sheets.

--
Gator