Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default when I enter my date it transfers

Is it possible to enter 010510 and have it post as 01/05/10 and is it
possible to enter 1330 and it post as 13:30? Thank you very much
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not without VBA or a formula to translate. You can't do it just with cell
formatting.
--
David Biddulph

"Zoe's Grams" <Zoe's Grams @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
Is it possible to enter 010510 and have it post as 01/05/10 and is it
possible to enter 1330 and it post as 13:30? Thank you very much

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes.

But you need a macro.

Chip Pearson shares a couple he
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

============
Or you could do your data entry and then use a helper cell(s):

for dates:
=--TEXT(A1,"00\-00\-00")
(format it as a date)

for times
=--(TEXT(A2,"00\:00\:\0\0"))
(format it as time)

13:30 means 1:30PM, right? Not 13.5 minutes after midnight...

Zoe's Grams wrote:

Is it possible to enter 010510 and have it post as 01/05/10 and is it
possible to enter 1330 and it post as 13:30? Thank you very much

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See also