Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Roll up detail to summary in separate files

I have 2 worksheets - I am looking to do a lookup by date and populate a
subtotal.

the 1st has transaction level details by day.
i.e.
12/1 $1
12/1 $2
12/1 $3
12/2 $4
12/3 $5
12/3 $6

the 2nd has totals by day.
12/1 $6
12/2 $4
12/3 $11

I am looking to place a formula in the 2nd sheet to eliminate having to key
the daily total in.

Any suggestions what formula to use? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CM CM is offline

on second sheet: list each day in column A; in column B:

=SUMIF(Sheet1!E1:E5,A1,Sheet1!F1:F5) where e1:e5 and f1:f5 represent your
daily data on sheet1. copy down beside each day on sheet 2.

--
hope to help,
cm

"nitengale" wrote:

I have 2 worksheets - I am looking to do a lookup by date and populate a
subtotal.

the 1st has transaction level details by day.
i.e.
12/1 $1
12/1 $2
12/1 $3
12/2 $4
12/3 $5
12/3 $6

the 2nd has totals by day.
12/1 $6
12/2 $4
12/3 $11

I am looking to place a formula in the 2nd sheet to eliminate having to key
the daily total in.

Any suggestions what formula to use? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This works great - thank you!

Maybe you can also answer if I wanted to carry this to the next level and
add in another item. If I have a column that segregates customer A and
customer B. How would I add to the formula that I only want to pull values
for customer A?

"nitengale" wrote:

I have 2 worksheets - I am looking to do a lookup by date and populate a
subtotal.

the 1st has transaction level details by day.
i.e.
12/1 $1
12/1 $2
12/1 $3
12/2 $4
12/3 $5
12/3 $6

the 2nd has totals by day.
12/1 $6
12/2 $4
12/3 $11

I am looking to place a formula in the 2nd sheet to eliminate having to key
the daily total in.

Any suggestions what formula to use? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CM CM is offline

assuming customer name is in column D:
=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!E1:E5=B1)*(Sheet1!D1:D5=A1)*(S heet1!F1:F5))
--
hope to help,
cm