Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CM CM is offline

Default Roll up detail to summary in separate files

assuming customer name is in column D:
=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!E1:E5=B1)*(Sheet1!D1:D5=A1)*(S heet1!F1:F5))
--
hope to help,
cm

"nitengale" wrote:

This works great - thank you!

Maybe you can also answer if I wanted to carry this to the next level and
add in another item. If I have a column that segregates customer A and
customer B. How would I add to the formula that I only want to pull values
for customer A?

"cm" wrote:

on second sheet: list each day in column A; in column B:

=SUMIF(Sheet1!E1:E5,A1,Sheet1!F1:F5) where e1:e5 and f1:f5 represent your
daily data on sheet1. copy down beside each day on sheet 2.

--
hope to help,
cm

"nitengale" wrote:

I have 2 worksheets - I am looking to do a lookup by date and populate a
subtotal.

the 1st has transaction level details by day.
i.e.
12/1 $1
12/1 $2
12/1 $3
12/2 $4
12/3 $5
12/3 $6

the 2nd has totals by day.
12/1 $6
12/2 $4
12/3 $11

I am looking to place a formula in the 2nd sheet to eliminate having to key
the daily total in.

Any suggestions what formula to use? Thanks!